In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orecchiette with corn, hazelnuts, and ricotta
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Nothing says summer quite like sweet, fresh corn. Add some creamy ricotta and crushed hazelnuts and you have yourself an easy, delicious vegetarian dinner.
In your bag
- 5 ounces orecchiette
- 1 organic leek
- 1 organic summer squash
- 1 ear organic corn
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 1 organic lemon
- ¼ cup roasted hazelnuts
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh ricotta
Calories: 600, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 20mg (7% DV), Sodium: 55mg (2% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (hazelnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orecchiette
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons, enough to measure 1½ cups [3 cups]. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Coarsely chop enough dill to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]. Save any remaining dill for another use.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts for garnish.
Cook the vegetables; finish the pasta
Remove from the heat and stir in the dill, lemon zest, and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Wash the leek.
- Shuck the corn.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Garnish with the hazelnuts and ricotta.