In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orzo bowls with broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, and pistou
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, No Added Sugar
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Looking for a dish that’s as easy as pie—er, pasta? The search ends here thanks to our ready-made pistou. We dress tender little orzo in this herbaceous blend of basil, Parmesan, and garlic.
In your bag
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 5 ounces orzo
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket pistou (extra virgin olive oil - basil - Parmesan - garlic)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
Calories 650, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 460mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 76g (28% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (pine nut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes
- In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in very hot tap water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry, then coarsely chop.
While the tomatoes are soaking, cook the orzo.
Cook the orzo
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, reserving ¼ cup [½ cup] pasta cooking water. Meanwhile, prepare the pine nuts and the vegetables.
Toast the pine nuts
In a dry large frying pan over medium-low heat, toast the pine nuts, stirring often, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Do not clean the pan.
Prep and cook the vegetables; finish the dish
- Cut the broccoli into long spears; halve or quarter any thick spears lengthwise.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
In the same pan used for the pine nuts, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and as many chile flakes as you like and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in the orzo and reserved pasta cooking water and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the pistou. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the orzo and vegetables to individual bowls. Garnish with the pine nuts and goat cheese and serve.
- Pat the soaked sun-dried tomatoes dry.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the orzo.
- Time the orzo.
- Measure the onion.
- Garnish with the pine nuts and goat cheese.