Overnight strawberry pudding & Corn scramble with cilantro pesto
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Soy Free
10 - 15 Minutes
You won’t find any refined sugars or dairy in this creamy breakfast pudding, but plenty of black chia seeds and sweet strawberries. For your egg dish, by blending the fresh cilantro pesto, we’ve done much of the work needed. To see Chef Justine’s ingenious tip for cutting corn off the cob, click here.
- Breakfast 1: Pudding
- ¼ pound strawberries
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Vanilla-honey blend (honey - vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup black chia seeds
- ¼ cup shaved unsweetened coconut
- Breakfast 2: Scramble
- 1 ear corn
- 2 scallions
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Cilantro pesto (cilantro - almonds - fresh garlic - canola olive oil blend - salt - black pepper)
Prep the puddings
- Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; cut the berries in half.
Transfer to individual bowls, jars, or glasses. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Top the puddings with the shaved coconut and serve.
Cook the scramble
- In a bowl, season the eggs with salt and pepper and lightly beat.
Nutrition per serving:
PUDDING: Calories: 360, Protein: 8 g, Total Fat: 22 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10 g, Saturated Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 38 g, Fiber: 19 g, Added Sugar: 8 g, Sodium: 20 mg
SCRAMBLE: Calories: 390, Protein: 16 g, Total Fat: 32 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 18 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 325 mg, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Fiber: 3 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 390 mg
Contains: eggs, tree nuts