In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Oyakodon chicken and egg bowls with cauliflower “rice”
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? No matter, these paleo Japanese “rice” bowls feature both, complemented by umami of the sea: kombu and crisp nori.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 6 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sunbasket sweet sesame stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil)
- One 4-inch square kombu
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Nori strips (for garnish)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 420, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 285mg (95% DV), Sodium 900mg (39% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Eggs, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, start preparing the oyakodon.
Prep and cook the oyakodon
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into 2-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Set aside half for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Discard the kombu. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the eggs evenly over the chicken, cover, and cook until the eggs are just set and the chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Divide the scallions in half.
- Measure the water for the oyakodon.
- Garnish with the nori and scallions.