In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Oyakodon chicken and egg bowls with cauliflower “rice”
Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? No matter, these paleo Japanese “rice” bowls feature both, complemented by umami of the sea: kombu and crisp nori.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 6 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sun Basket sweet sesame stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil)
- One 4-inch square kombu
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Nori strips (for garnish)
Calories: 420, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 285mg (95% DV), Sodium: 900mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, start preparing the oyakodon.
Prep and cook the oyakodon
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into 2-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Set aside half for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Discard the kombu. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the eggs evenly over the chicken, cover, and cook until the eggs are just set and the chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Divide the scallions in half.
- Measure the water for the oyakodon.
- Garnish with the nori and scallions.