Easy salmon burgers with seared summer squash and tomatoes
A lemony tarragon and caper berry mayo balances the juicy richness of our custom salmon burgers.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 organic summer squash (about ½ pound total)
- 5 ounces organic grape or Sungold tomatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 or 2 caper berries (about ½ ounce total)
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup paleo mayo
- 2 salmon burgers (about ¼ pound each) (wild salmon - scallions - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 2 whole wheat buns
Caper berries are bigger and juicier than capers, which stands to reason: the berries are the fruits of the caper bush, while capers are the buds from which caper berries grow.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Set the salmon burgers on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 5 minutes per side.
Calories: 780, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 44g (68% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 1170mg (49% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: (buns contain organic molasses, organic brown sugar, and organic barley malt): 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.