In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Padang salmon curry with jade rice
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
This aromatic curry is served over jade rice, made from white rice infused with bamboo extract. It has a subtle grassy flavor that we love on its own. But it’s delicious with this coconut milk sauce, infused with fragrant kaffir lime leaves. Or make that makrut lime leaves. Kaffir, an Arabic word, is a racial slur in many parts of Africa, so cooks are increasingly calling them by their Thai name, makrut, instead.
In your bag
- ½ cup green rice
- Two 6-ounce skin-on wild Yukon River salmon fillets
- 1 or 2 heads baby bok choy
- ¼ pound Savoy cabbage
- Fresh chives
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - turmeric - olive oil - salt)
- Kaffir (makrut) lime leaves
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 5 dried red chiles (optional)
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
Calories: 640, Protein: 43 g, Fiber: 7 g, Total Fat: 25 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 80 mg, Sodium: 660 mg, Carbohydrates: 60 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the green rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the salmon and vegetables.
Prep the salmon and the vegetables
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then coarsely chop.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Cut the chives into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the salmon and vegetables
Reduce to a simmer and add the salmon, bok choy, cabbage, and chives. Cook until the salmon is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Discard the lime leaves.
While the salmon and vegetables cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the cashews, if desired.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.