Paleo pizza with kale and cashew “cheese”
paleo, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Soy Free
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup cashews soaked overnight
Make the pizza crust
- Grease a round pizza stone or sheet pan.
Use a spatula to spread the batter onto the greased pan or stone. Transfer to the oven and bake until set and slightly crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, make the topping.
Cook the kale
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Strip the kale leaves from their stems and coarsely chop.
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the kale, season with salt, and cook until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Make the cashew “cheese”
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Assemble and serve