In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Palermo steaks with warm fennel and tomato salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Mediterranean flavors meld in a warm fennel-tomato salad served with juicy pan-seared steaks. This one’s good enough for company.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 1 organic tomato
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
Calories 510, Total Fat 34g (52% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 350mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 16g (5% DV), Fiber 5g (20% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Do not clean the pan.
For the rib-eyes:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Do not clean the pan.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the fennel. While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the fennel.
Prep and cook the fennel
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters into 1-inch pieces.
While the fennel cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the lemon vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.
- Spoon the salad onto plates.