In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan bagnat with albacore tuna steaks and hard-cooked egg
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Pack this deconstructed niçoise salad served on crusty bread in a picnic basket and take it on the road. Make sure to bring lots of napkins.
In your bag
- Fish options:
- 2 wild albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic egg
- 3 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- Sunbasket bagna càuda (EVOO - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 ounce sliced pitted black olives
- Sunbasket caper vinaigrette (EVOO - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 760, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 150mg (50% DV), Sodium 1440mg (63% DV), Total Carb. 78g (28% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 51g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and poach the fish
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Bring a small sauce pot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water for the egg.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks and cools, hard-cook the egg and prepare the remaining ingredients.
Cook the egg
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
Assemble the sandwiches
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally.
- Fill a small bowl with ice water.
- Peel the egg.
- Help assemble the sandwiches.