In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-cooked sole with German potato salad and cucumber salad
Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 360 Calories/Serving
Make Friday fish night extra special with this delicious paleo meal featuring pan-cooked fish, cucumber slices dressed in dill and vinegar, and a warm German potato salad.
In your bag
- ¾ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
- 1 organic cucumber
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket creamy mustard vinaigrette (whole grain mustard - onion - extra virgin olive oil - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
Calories: 360, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 12g (18% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 620mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 45g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the potatoes
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half; cut any large halves in half.
Make the cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; very thinly slice the cucumber crosswise.
- Set aside half the champagne vinegar for the potato salad.
Assemble the potato salad
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
For sole: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes.
For halibut: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For snapper: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For salmon: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Combine the potatoes with salted water.
- Divide the champagne vinegar in half.
- Assemble the cucumber salad.
- Assemble the potato salad.