In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Barcelona chicken with Meyer lemon-olive sauce
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
There are three kinds of sweet root vegetables featured in this flavor-packed chicken dinner. Purple sweet potatoes, with a firm, starchy texture and stunning color; orange Garnets with a moist, almost succulent flesh; and cream-colored parsnips. Together they make a mighty match for chicken and our tangy Meyer lemon-olive sauce.
In your bag
- ½ pound garnet sweet potatoes
- ½ pound purple sweet potatoes
- 6 ounces parsnips
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 or 2 shallots
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup Castelvetrano olives
- 1 Meyer lemon
- Fresh basil
Calories: 730, Protein: 41 g, Fiber: 12 g, Total Fat: 37 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 23 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Sodium: 820 mg, Carbohydrates: 59 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the sweet potatoes and parsnips
- Scrub or peel all the sweet potatoes and parsnips and trim off the ends; cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Cut the parsnips crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the potatoes and parsnips with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with the paprika, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables in an even layer and roast, stirring once halfway through, until browned and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and rests, prepare the Meyer lemon-olive sauce.
Make the Meyer lemon-olive sauce
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Cut all the olives in half.
- Zest and juice the Meyer lemon.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.