In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with lemon-oregano sauce and artichoke-fregola pilaf
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Toasted pearls of this Sardinian pasta add nutty flavor to a Mediterranean-inspired pilaf that’s perfect with pan-roasted salmon.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 shallots
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 1½ ounces pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 lemon
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup fregola
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
Calories 580, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 50mg (17% DV), Sodium 490mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 51g (19% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Milk, Fish, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the pilaf ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts, if desired.
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise.
- Zest the lemon; juice half and cut half into wedges. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut the remaining lemon into wedges.] Set aside the juice for the sauce and the wedges for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the pilaf and one for the sauce.
Cook the artichoke-fregola pilaf
Remove from the heat and stir in the artichokes, olives, lemon zest, and half the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cover to keep warm.
While the fregola cooks, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the oregano.
Make the lemon-oregano sauce
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems and coarsely chop enough leaves to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]. Save the rest for another use.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley and oregano leaves.
- Divide the parsley into equal portions.
- Sprinkle the paprika.