In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-seared chicken and carrots with mint pesto and couscous
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
A rustic mint pesto adds flair to this easy chicken dinner developed by Sun Basket and the Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen.
In your bag
- ½ cup whole wheat couscous
- Sun Basket coriander-cumin spice blend (coriander - cumin)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 670, Protein: 50g (100% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 125mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 51g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
While the couscous cooks, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the mint pesto.
Make the mint pesto
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]. Set aside half for the carrots.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside the zest for the carrots (the juice will be divided between the mint pesto and the carrots). [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the carrots
- Measure the water for the couscous.
- Measure the shallots.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the pesto.