Pan-seared chicken and carrots with mint pesto and couscous
Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
The recipe, developed for us by the cooks of the Williams-Sonoma test kitchen, marks the start of an exciting new partnership between Sun Basket and the iconic housewares company. The contrast of flavors and textures is inspired, from the rustic mint pesto for the chicken, to the sides of couscous and lemony sautéed shredded carrots. If you don’t manage to finish off the pesto, any leftovers will be equally good with fish or lamb.
- Fresh mint
- 1 ounce roasted almonds
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 1 lemon
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- ½ cup whole wheat couscous
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- 6 ounces shredded carrots
Make the mint pesto
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the couscous
Cook the shredded carrots
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 720, Protein: 46 g, Total Fat: 38 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 22 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 100 mg, Carbohydrates: 53 g, Fiber: 10 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 620 mg
Contains: tree nuts, wheat