In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-seared salmon with peperonata and charred summer squash
Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
Served warm or at room temperature, as a side dish or a condiment, peperonata is extremely versatile and is delicious on everything from salmon to steak to grilled bread.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 2 ounces organic grape or Sungold tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 organic summer squash
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
Calories: 390, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the peperonata
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the dill fronds from the stems; measure 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] dill for the peperonata and set aside the rest for garnish.
Remove from the heat, stir in 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] dill, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
While the peperonata cooks, prepare the squash.
Prep and cook the squash
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise, then lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks.
While the squash cooks, start the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the salmon or halibut generously with salt and pepper, the trout lightly.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the dill fronds.
- Garnish with the dill.