In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-seared sausages with sweet peppers and polenta
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
We don’t mess with the beloved Italian-American combination of sausages and bell peppers. For added comfort, we serve the dish on a bed of soft polenta.
In your bag
- ½ cup polenta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Two ¼-pound fresh mild Italian pork sausages (contain pork and spices)
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 ounces sweet frying peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
Nutrition per serving
Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 1350mg (59% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Wash produce before use
Cook the polenta
Remove from the heat, stir in the Parmesan, and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the polenta cooks, prepare the sausages.
Cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
While the sausages cook, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the frying peppers and bell pepper; thinly slice the peppers lengthwise.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the onions and peppers
Stir in the peppers, garlic, rosemary, and tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add ¼ cup white wine or water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has almost completely evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. While the onion and peppers cook, prepare the parsley.
Finish the dish
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.