Pan-seared sausages with sweet peppers and polenta
Soy Free, Gluten Free, Low Calorie
Italian pork sausages with sautéed peppers and onions are an iconic Italian-American combo. Along with a red bell pepper, we’ve added some sweet Italian frying peppers to your box for a mix of colors and textures. Everything cooks in the time it takes to make the bed of creamy soft polenta, enriched with grated Parmesan.
- ½ cup polenta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Two 5-ounce Italian pork sausages
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 to 3 sweet Italian frying peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Cook the polenta
Cook the sausage
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Remove the ribs and seeds from the sweet and bell peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the onions and peppers
Finish the dish
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 530, Protein: 21 g, Total Fat: 35 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 20 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 40 mg, Carbohydrates: 35 g, Fiber: 8 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 1150 mg