In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Indian coconut curry with pan-seared sole, tomatoes, and fresh basil
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
Loaded with fragrant spices, fresh basil, and creamy coconut milk, this Indian-inspired curry dish is rich in flavor and full of nutrients.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile (optional)
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sun Basket curry spice blend (turmeric - cardamom - coriander - cumin - garam masala - Aleppo chile flakes - nutmeg)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
Calories: 390, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the curry ingredients and garnishes
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves for garnish.
- If using the serrano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the serrano. Wash your hands after handling.
Start the coconut curry
In a medium [large] sauce pot over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and as much serrano as you like and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender and the tomatoes start to burst, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the curry spice blend and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Finish the coconut curry
Add the coconut milk and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup ] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 30 seconds. If you prefer a thinner sauce, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach the desired consistency. Remove from the heat, add 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lime juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm. While the coconut curry is cooking, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
For sole: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes.
For halibut: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For snapper: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For salmon: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer the fish to individual bowls and spoon the vegetables and coconut curry over the fish. Garnish with the basil and serve with the lime wedges.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the basil.