In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-seared steak with ajvar red pepper relish and watercress
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Ajvar, a Serbian roasted red pepper sauce, stars in this simple and satisfying steak dish. Make the ajvar ahead for easy entertaining.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 5 or 6 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3½ ounces organic watercress
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
Calories 460, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 125mg (5% DV), Total Carb. 14g (5% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the ajvar.
Make the ajvar red pepper relish
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; finely chop the pepper.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ tablespoons [3 TBL].
While the ajvar cooks, start the watercress salad.
Make the watercress salad
- Measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] apple cider vinegar; save the rest for another use.
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Time the steak.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.