In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-seared steak with ajvar red pepper relish and watercress
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Ajvar, a Serbian roasted red pepper sauce, stars in this simple and satisfying steak dish. Make the ajvar ahead for easy entertaining.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 5 or 6 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3½ ounces organic watercress
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
Calories: 460, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 125mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 14g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the ajvar.
Make the ajvar red pepper relish
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; finely chop the pepper.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ tablespoons [3 TBL].
While the ajvar cooks, start the watercress salad.
Make the watercress salad
- Measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] apple cider vinegar; save the rest for another use.
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Time the steak.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.