In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared steaks with arugula pesto and cucumber-radish salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Our house-made arugula pesto brings instant flavor to this one-pan paleo steak dinner, while tangy nigella seeds add a fun twist to the cooling salad.
In your bag
- ¼ teaspoon nigella seeds
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic celery rib
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket arugula pesto (arugula - walnuts - EVOO - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories 660, Total Fat 53g (68% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 11g (4% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Toast the nigella seeds
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the nigella seeds, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
For the rib-eyes:
In the same pan used for the nigella seeds, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the cucumber-radish salad.
Make the cucumber-radish salad
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into enough thin slices to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the cucumber salad.
- Spoon the arugula pesto onto plates.