Steaks with artichoke butter, green beans, and bell peppers
Gluten Free, Soy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Green beans and red bell peppers are simmered with tomatoes to form a nourishing, easy side for these seared steaks. Toasted coriander seeds give the vegetables a subtle citrusy flavor; they are also prized for their anti-inflammatory powers. For a luxe final touch, an easy compound butter mashed with chopped artichokes and dill goes on top of the steaks, melting into a rich sauce.
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound green beans
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- ¼ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- Fresh dill
Prep the vegetables
- Bring the butter to room temperature.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans.
Toast the coriander seeds
Cook the vegetables
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Add the tomatoes, coriander seeds, and ½ cup water and bring to a simmer. Cook until the beans are just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the beans simmer, prepare the steaks.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the artichoke butter.
Make the artichoke butter
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Finely chop the dill.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 550, Protein: 39 g, Total Fat: 36 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 21 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5 g, Saturated Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Fiber: 6 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 510 mg