In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Panang steak and bell pepper curry with rice two ways
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
An easy paleo-friendly, gluten- and dairy-free curry infused with fresh lemongrass, ginger, and lime leaves? It’s no wonder this has become such a customer favorite.
In your bag
- 1½ cups jasmine rice*
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lime
- 2 kaffir (makrut) lime leaves
- 2 red bell peppers
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 pound top sirloin steak strips
- Sunbasket panang curry paste (lemongrass - diced green chiles - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - olive oil - turmeric - coriander - cumin - cardamom - ancho chile powder - salt)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup peas*
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Nutrition per serving
Calories 590, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 530mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 39g (14% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 44g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Cook the jasmine rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the jasmine rice.
While the jasmine rice cooks, prepare the cauliflower “rice.”
Prep and cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Cut the florets into corn-kernel-sized pieces.
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, prepare the curry ingredients and garnishes.
Prep the curry ingredients and garnishes
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Zest the lime.
- Juice the lime.
- Tear the lime leaves in several places, keeping the leaves whole.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the curry
Add the coconut milk, lime zest, and lime leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the bell peppers, peas, steak, and any accumulated juices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the steak is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and as much sambal oelek as you like. Discard the lime leaves and season the curry to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the jasmine rice.
- Juice the lime.
- Tear the lime leaves.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Serve the meal.