In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pancit bihon noodle stir-fry with chicken and vegetables
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
This popular Filipino rice-noodle dish deserves as much renown as pad thai. Cook and shred the chicken ahead of time to get dinner on the table even more quickly.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket umami blend (gluten-free tamari - fish sauce)
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap peas
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories 650, Total Fat 12g (15% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 1760mg (77% DV), Total Carb. 84g (31% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 51g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel the onion and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [1½ tsp].
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, start preparing the pancit bihon.
Cook the pancit bihon
Add the shredded chicken, noodles, and as much cooking liquid as you like (use half for a thick sauce, all for a thinner sauce). Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until some or most of the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Measure the water for the chicken.
- Shred the cooled chicken with their hands.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Garnish with the scallions.