In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Panzanella salad with arugula, delicata squash, and roasted beets
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Oven-roasted baguette bits, ever-so-sweet delicata squash, and earthy beets make up this hearty panzanella salad, while a balsamic dressing adds the perfect touch of tang to round it all out.
In your bag
- 1 demi baguette
- 1 organic delicata squash (about ¾ pound)
- ½ pound peeled roasted beets
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1½ ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
Calories 680, Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 640mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 73g (27% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 16g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the salad
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the demi baguette into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off any excess liquid; cut beets into bite-size pieces.
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper or foil.
Toast the demi baguette; roast the vegetables
On 1 sheet pan, drizzle the demi baguette with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and toast in the oven until crisp and browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baguette from the oven and let cool slightly.
On one end of the 2nd sheet pan, drizzle the delicata squash with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. On the other end of the sheet pan, toss the beets with 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread the squash and beets in an even layer and roast alongside the baguette, stirring halfway through, until tender and browned, 18 to 22 minutes.
While the vegetables are roasting, toast the walnuts and prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
In a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, toast the walnuts, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the walnuts to a plate to cool.
Make the dressing; finish the salad
In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] sugar (from your pantry) and 2 tablespoons [4 TBL] olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, baguette, delicata squash, beets, tomatoes, and half the balsamic dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the delicata squash and beet salad to individual plates and garnish with the goat cheese and walnuts. Serve the remaining balsamic dressing on the side.
- Drain the beets.
- Line the sheet pans.
- Season and toss the baguette, squash, and beets.
- Mix the dressing.
- Garnish with the walnuts.