In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Papadzules with eggs and pumpkin seed and spicy tomato sauces
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 820 Calories/Serving
It’s not just about the eggs in this classic Yucatecan dish; it’s also the rich pumpkin seed and spicy tomato sauces that make this hearty dish so satisfying.
In your bag
- 4 organic eggs
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket spicy tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - cayenne)
- Sunbasket pumpkin seed sauce base (mild green chiles - pumpkin seeds - tahini - kosher salt - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Calories 820, Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 310mg (103% DV), Sodium 2250mg (98% DV), Total Carb. 81g (29% DV), Fiber 19g (68% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the tomatoes in half; season to taste with salt.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs.
Warm the sauces
In another small sauce pot, stir together the pumpkin seed sauce base and vegetable broth, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cover to keep warm.
While the sauces heat, start heating the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
Assemble the papadzules
- Time the eggs.
- Peel the eggs.
- Remove the coarse stems from the cilantro.
- Measure the water for the tomato sauce.
- Add the garnishes.