In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Papadzules with eggs and pumpkin seed and spicy tomato sauces
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Spicy
2 Servings, 820 Calories/Serving
It’s not just about the eggs in this classic Yucatecan dish; it’s also the rich pumpkin seed and spicy tomato sauces that make this hearty dish so satisfying.
In your bag
- 4 organic eggs
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket spicy tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - cayenne)
- Sun Basket pumpkin seed sauce base (mild green chiles - pumpkin seeds - tahini - kosher salt - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Calories: 820, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 19g (76% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 310mg (103% DV), Sodium: 2250mg (94% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the tomatoes in half; season to taste with salt.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs.
Warm the sauces
In another small sauce pot, stir together the pumpkin seed sauce base and vegetable broth, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cover to keep warm.
While the sauces heat, start heating the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
Assemble the papadzules
- Time the eggs.
- Peel the eggs.
- Remove the coarse stems from the cilantro.
- Measure the water for the tomato sauce.
- Add the garnishes.