Pappardelle with artichokes, butter beans, and pistou
20 – 30 Minutes
We love the range of flavors and colors in this Mediterranean-inspired vegetarian main course. It comes together in only about 20 minutes.
- 5 ounces pappardelle (contains eggs)
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cooked butter beans
- ¾ cup cooked artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket pistou (basil - Parmesan - olive oil - garlic - salt)
Cook the pappardelle
While the water heats and the pappardelle cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Rinse the butter beans.
Cook the vegetables and sauce
Add the roasted red peppers, beans, artichoke hearts, and half the pasta cooking water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a vigorous simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until half the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining pasta cooking water and the pappardelle and cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Zest the lemon; cut into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Calories: 600, Protein: 21g, Fiber: 10g, Total Fat: 19g, Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 890mg, Carbohydrates: 84g, Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g.
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat