In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pappardelle with artichokes, white beans, and pistou
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Dreaming of the Mediterranean? Dive into these fresh pasta bowls filled with tender white beans, sweet roasted red peppers, and bright green pistou.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh pappardelle
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket pistou (extra virgin olive oil - basil - Parmesan - garlic)
Calories 620, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 420mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 85g (31% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 21g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the pappardelle
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Separate the pappardelle so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking. Add the pappardelle and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the pappardelle, reserving 1 cup [1½ cups] pasta cooking water. While the water is heating and the pappardelle is cooking, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Coarsely chop any large roasted red pepper pieces.
- Rinse the white beans.
Cook the vegetables and sauce
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften and caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the roasted red peppers, beans, artichoke hearts, and half the reserved pasta cooking water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a vigorous simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until about half the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the pappardelle and remaining pasta cooking water and cook until the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. While the vegetables and sauce are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the lemon and parsley; finish the dish
- Zest ½ lemon; cut the lemon into wedges for garnish. [Zest 1 lemon; cut the lemon into wedges; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Remove the pan with the pappardelle, vegetables, and sauce from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the pappardelle, vegetables, and sauce to individual bowls. Drizzle with the pistou and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Drizzle the pistou.