In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pappardelle with pork sausage, Brussels sprouts, and feta
Keto-Friendly, Soy-Free, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
This sweet and savory pasta dish creates a filling and satisfying supper that’s ready in about 20 minutes.
In your bag
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 3 ounces organic scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- Sausage options:
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 fresh chicken sausages with roasted peppers and garlic (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 organic lemon
- 7 ounces fresh pappardelle (contains eggs)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
Calories 680, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 120mg (40% DV), Sodium 1170mg (51% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the pappardelle.
- In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in very hot tap water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, gently smash the garlic cloves.
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts.
Brown the sausage; cook the vegetables
- Remove the sausage meat from the casings and transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausage and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the scallions, garlic, Brussels sprouts, and as many red chile flakes as you like, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
While the sausage and vegetables cook, prepare the lemon and boil the pappardelle.
Cook the pappardelle; finish the dish
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
To the pan with the vegetables, stir in the pappardelle, sun-dried tomatoes, reserved pasta cooking water, and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] lemon juice and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly and the sausage is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and pat dry.
- Smash the garlic.
- Juice the lemon.
- Sprinkle with the feta.