In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pappardelle with pork sausage, Brussels sprouts, and feta
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
This sweet and savory pasta dish creates a filling and satisfying supper that’s ready in about 20 minutes.
In your bag
- 1½ ounces sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- 1 organic small leek
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 6 ounces organic Brussels sprouts
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 organic lemon
- 7 ounces fresh pappardelle
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
The word pappardelle comes from the Italian verb pappare, which means “to gobble up”—exactly what you’ll want to do when served these luscious wide egg noodles, which originated in Tuscany.
Calories: 670, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 820mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 85g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in very hot tap water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Rinse well.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, gently smash the garlic cloves.
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts.
Brown the sausage; cook the vegetables
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the sausage and vegetables cook, prepare the lemon and boil the pappardelle.
Cook the pappardelle; finish the dish
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
To the pan with the vegetables, stir in the pappardelle, sun-dried tomatoes, reserved pasta cooking water, and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] lemon juice and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly and the sausage is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and pat dry.
- Rinse the leek.
- Smash the garlic.
- Juice the lemon.
- Sprinkle with the feta.