In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pappardelle with pork sausage, Brussels sprouts, and feta
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
This sweet and savory pasta dish creates a filling and satisfying supper that’s ready in about 20 minutes.
In your bag
- 1½ ounces sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- 1 organic small leek
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 6 ounces organic Brussels sprouts
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 organic lemon
- 7 ounces fresh pappardelle
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
Calories: 670, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 820mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 85g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in very hot tap water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Rinse well.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, gently smash the garlic cloves.
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts.
Brown the sausage; cook the vegetables
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the sausage and vegetables cook, prepare the lemon and boil the pappardelle.
Cook the pappardelle; finish the dish
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
To the pan with the vegetables, stir in the pappardelle, sun-dried tomatoes, reserved pasta cooking water, and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] lemon juice and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly and the sausage is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and pat dry.
- Rinse the leek.
- Smash the garlic.
- Juice the lemon.
- Sprinkle with the feta.