In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Paprika-rubbed chicken with almond picada salad and sweet potato fries
Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Smoky paprika packs flavor in this paleo dish, served alongside a mixed green salad and roasted sweet potato wedges.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Sun Basket maple vinaigrette base (red wine vinegar - pure maple syrup)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories: 460, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the sweet potato roasts, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the paprika.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the shallots and almonds.
Prep and cook the shallots and almonds
- Peel the shallots and cut them crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
While the shallots and almonds cook, prepare the vinaigrette and salad.
Make the vinaigrette and salad
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, mixed greens, and shallot-almond mixture. Add as much vinaigrette as you like and toss to coat (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season the sweet potato for roasting.
- Separate the shallot slices into rings.
- Make the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.