In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Paprika-spiced chicken over “creamed” corn with tomato salsa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
This light, gluten-free dish is built around the ingredients you want to eat all summer: sweet corn, tomatoes, and fresh cilantro, plus smoked paprika–dusted chicken for protein.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ½ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 ear organic corn
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
Calories 430, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 130mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 22g (8% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 43g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the tomato salsa
- Peel the shallots and thinly slice them crosswise. Separate the slices into rings. Set aside three-fourths of the shallots for the corn.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Prep and cook the “creamed” corn
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
Add ½ cup [1 cup] water and season with salt, if desired, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has mostly evaporated and the corn is tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; using a fork or the back of a spoon, gently mash about half the corn, then stir in the sherry vinegar. Transfer to a large bowl, stir in the kale, and season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
While the corn cooks, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper and sprinkle with the paprika.
- Divide the shallots.
- Stir the salsa.
- Shuck the corn.
- Measure the water for the corn.
- Spoon the salsa over the chicken.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.