Paprika-spiced chicken with spinach salad and sweet potato fries
Paleo-Friendly, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
In this paleo and gluten-free meal, chicken cutlets take on color and smoky flavor from paprika, while spinach salad is transformed by crisp pancetta and wilted radicchio.
- 2 or 3 sweet potatoes
- Four ¼-pound boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 or 3 shallots
- ½ head radicchio
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ pound baby spinach
- ¼ pound mixed greens
Roast the sweet potato fries
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges.
While the sweet potatoes roast, prepare the chicken.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken cutlets dry with a paper towel; season generously with the paprika, salt, and pepper.
Cook the pancetta-radicchio mixture
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots crosswise; separate the slices into rings.
- Cut the radicchio in half lengthwise, then cut away any core; thinly slice the radicchio.
Make the spinach salad
In a large bowl, combine the pancetta-radicchio mixture, spinach, and mixed greens and toss well. Add as much red wine vinaigrette as you like and toss to coat.
Chef’s tip: If you prefer a main-course salad, toss the chicken slices with the spinach salad in Step 4.
- Season and toss the sweet potato wedges.
- Line a plate with paper towels for the pancetta and radicchio.
- Make the salad.
- Set the table.
- Help clean up.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 530 Protein: 34g, Total Fat: 31g, Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 80mg, Carbohydrates: 29g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 560mg