In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pasta carbonara with arugula and hazelnuts
Family-Friendly, Vegetarian, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
In Chef Justine’s vegetarian spin on a classic Roman pasta dish, arugula ups the peppery flavor of the velvety egg-yolk sauce.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 organic scallions
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 organic eggs
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 530, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 315mg (105% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 60g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (hazelnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Set aside half the Parmesan for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Set aside half the arugula for the penne; save the rest for another use.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Working over 2 small bowls, crack 1 egg at a time and separate the white and yolk, carefully dropping the white into 1 bowl and the yolk into the other bowl. Save the whites for another use. [Separate all 4 eggs.]
Finish the penne
- Divide the Parmesan and arugula.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with hazelnuts, parsley, and Parmesan.