Pasta with shrimp, pancetta, and roasted summer vegetables
Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Peak-season zucchini and cherry tomatoes paired with shrimp and pancetta make this a fun and quick warm pasta salad the whole family will love.
- 10 ounces orecchiette
- 1 or 2 zucchini
- ½ pound grape tomatoes
- Fresh thyme
- 1 pound shrimp
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans
- ¼ pound watercress
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
Cook the orecchiette
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the orecchiette and cook until tender, 9 to 11 minutes. Drain the orecchiette, transfer to a large bowl, and drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil.
While the water heats and the orecchiette cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and roast the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the shrimp and finish the pasta.
Cook the shrimp and finish the pasta
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Rinse the cannellini beans.
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
Remove from the heat. Stir in the beans, roasted squash and tomatoes, and sherry vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to the bowl with the orecchiette, fold in the watercress, and toss to combine.
Chef’s tip: For a luxe touch, finish the pasta with a drizzle of olive oil; for a spicier version, toss in all the chile flakes (plus a pinch of cayenne, if you have it) as you cook the shrimp.
- Strip the thyme.
- Toss the vegetables with the oil and thyme.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the beans.
- Stir together the pasta, shrimp, and vegetables.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 185mg (62% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: wheat, shellfish.