In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Penne with fried lemons, white beans, and sun-dried tomatoes
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Vegan
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
This elegant yet easy vegetarian and gluten-free pasta hits the high notes with tangy fried lemons, omega-3-rich walnuts, and balsamic vinegar.
In your bag
- ¾ ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa penne
- 1 lemon
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Calories 580, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 55mg (2% DV), Total Carb. 86g (31% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).
Wash produce before use
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes
While the sun-dried tomatoes soak, prepare the penne.
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the lemon slices.
Prep and cook the lemon
- Zest the lemon and trim off the ends. Cut the lemon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds. Set aside the zest for finishing the pasta.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the lemon slices, season with salt and ¼ teaspoon sugar, if using, and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
While the lemon slices cook, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep and cook the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and discard the soaking liquid; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Remove from the heat and fold in the arugula and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with the lemon slices and walnuts and gently toss to combine. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.