In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Penne with rosemary-roasted winter vegetables and balsamic-fig sauce
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Vegan, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Fit for a festive winter dinner party or a cozy weeknight in, this gluten-free, vegan pasta balances the pleasantly bitter radicchio and earthy mushrooms with a tangy-sweet balsamic-fig sauce.
In your bag
- ½ cup cooked black-eyed peas
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa penne
- 1 head baby radicchio
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 3 ounces dried figs
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
Calories 590, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 48g (17% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 33g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 15g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne; prep the black-eyed peas
- Rinse the black-eyed peas.
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and roast the vegetables
- Cut away the core from the radicchio; thinly slice the radicchio.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; finely chop enough leaves to measure ½ teaspoon.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the garnishes and the balsamic-fig sauce.
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
Make the balsamic-fig sauce; finish the pasta
- Trim the stems from the dried figs; coarsely chop the figs.
Remove from the heat, add the penne, black-eyed peas, and roasted vegetables, and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.