In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Penne with yellow squash, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
This colorful vegetarian pasta dish is inspired by the trio of ingredients in the classic Italian caprese salad: mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil.
In your bag
- 5 ounces penne
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 organic yellow squash or zucchini (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories 720, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 50mg (17% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cut the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear or chop the leaves.
- Time the penne.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the shallots and garlic.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Stir the tomatoes and other ingredients.