In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Persian ash reshteh bean and noodle soup with mint yogurt
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Noodles are a symbol of long life and success. And this Persian noodle soup, packed with beans, herbs, and warm spices, is a dish worth celebrating.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- ½ cup red lentils
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh whole wheat spaghetti
- Sunbasket Persian spice blend (granulated garlic - turmeric - dried dill)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 500, Total Fat 11g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 80g (29% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the soup ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1½ cups [2 cups].
- Rinse the kidney beans and lentils and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Rinse the white beans and add half to the bowl with the kidney beans and lentils. In a small bowl, using a fork, gently mash the remaining white beans.
- Separate the spaghetti so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking. Set aside half for another use.
Start the soup
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to caramelize, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the Persian spice blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the bean-lentil mixture, mashed white beans, and 4 cups [5½ cups] water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils start to soften, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the spaghetti, a few noodles at a time, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils and spaghetti are just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the mint yogurt.
Make the mint yogurt
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for finishing the soup.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and half the mint; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the soup
To the pot with the soup, working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the remaining mint, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the soup to individual bowls and dollop with as much mint yogurt as you like. Serve any remaining yogurt on the side.
- Rinse the beans and lentils.
- Mash the white beans.
- Divide the spaghetti into two portions.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the mint yogurt.