In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Persian new year noodle soup with mint yogurt
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Noodles are a symbol of long life and success, and this warming soup, made in just one pot, is a comforting bowl to celebrate that anytime of year.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- ½ cup red lentils
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- 5 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- Sunbasket Persian spice blend (granulated garlic - turmeric - dried dill)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 500, Total Fat 11g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 90mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 100g (36% DV), Fiber 26g (93% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the soup ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1½ cups [2 cups].
- Rinse the kidney beans and lentils and add to a medium bowl.
- Rinse the white beans. Add half to the bowl with the kidney beans and lentils. In a small bowl, using a fork, gently mash the remaining white beans.
- Divide the spaghetti into two equal portions; save half for another use.
Start the soup
Add the bean-lentil mixture, mashed white beans, and 4 cups [5½ cups] water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, add the spaghetti, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spaghetti is just tender, 8 to 9 minutes.
While the soup simmers, prepare the mint yogurt.
Make the mint yogurt
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for finishing the soup.
Finish the soup
- Rinse the beans and lentils.
- Mash the white beans.
- Divide the spaghetti into two portions.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the mint yogurt.