In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ash reshteh bean and noodle soup with mint yogurt
Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Noodles are a symbol of long life and success, and this warming soup, made in just one pot, is a comforting bowl to celebrate that anytime of year.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- ½ cup red lentils
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- 5 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- Sun Basket Persian spice blend (granulated garlic - turmeric - dried dill)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 620, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 26g (104% DV), Total Fat: 11g (17% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 90mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 100g (33% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the soup ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1½ cups [2 cups].
- Rinse the kidney beans and lentils and add to a medium bowl.
- Rinse the white beans. Add half to the bowl with the kidney beans and lentils. In a small bowl, using a fork, gently mash the remaining white beans.
- Divide the spaghetti into two equal portions; save half for another use.
Start the soup
Add the bean-lentil mixture, mashed white beans, and 4 cups [5½ cups] water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, add the spaghetti, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spaghetti is just tender, 8 to 9 minutes.
While the soup simmers, prepare the mint yogurt.
Make the mint yogurt
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for finishing the soup.
Finish the soup
- Rinse the beans and lentils.
- Mash the white beans.
- Divide the spaghetti into two portions.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the mint yogurt.