In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Persian tamarind salmon with caramelized onions and couscous
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
In our spin on a classic Persian recipe, we pair pan-seared salmon with caramelized onions, brightened with tangy tamarind and tart barberries.
In your bag
- Sunbasket tamarind blend (tamarind paste - honey - fresh garlic - baharat)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ½ cup couscous
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons barberries
Calories 650, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 130mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 84g (31% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 30g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 38g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
- Let the tamarind blend come to room temperature.
While the couscous cooks, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the salmon generously with salt and pepper, the trout lightly.
While the fish cooks, prepare the onion.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the onion.
Prep and caramelize the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
While the onion cooks, prepare the herbs and finish the couscous.
Prep the herbs; finish the couscous
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Finish the seafood
- Measure the water for the couscous.
- Time the couscous.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the mint and parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.