In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Peruvian beef stir-fry
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
For this week’s 20-minute meal, the Chinese stir-fry goes to Peru in Sunbasket’s fast take on lomo saltado. Meaning “leaping loin,” the name describes how the beef cooks in the wok. In Peru the stir-fry is often served over french fries, but Chef Justine turns up the flavor with paleo-friendly sweet potatoes.
In your bag
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 5 ounces broccoli
- 5 ounces tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 10 ounces top sirloin strips
- Stir-fry sauce (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar)
- 6 chiles de arbol (optional)
Calories 570, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 760mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 49g (18% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Protein 35g
Wash produce before use
Cook the sweet potatoes
- Trim the ends from the sweet potatoes; cut the potatoes into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Core and quarter the tomatoes.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Make the stir-fry
- Pat the beef dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.