In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Peruvian-style sole with lime and sweet potato
Paleo, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Paleo and gluten-free, our spin on the Peruvian dish known as pescado sudado checks all the comfort food boxes.
In your bag
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket sofrito (cilantro - roasted red peppers - tomatoes - onion - garlic - parsley - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic orange or other bell pepper
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket New Mexican chile salsa (EVOO - garlic - dried New Mexican chiles - kosher salt - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
Calories: 600, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 41g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the fish; make the herb garnish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest 1 lime; juice both limes.]
- Set aside half the sofrito for the vegetables.
In a small bowl, stir together 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lime zest, 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil, and half the sofrito; season to taste with salt and pepper. Let the herb garnish stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper. Thinly slice the pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Cook the fish
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the herb garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Add the garnishes.