In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pesto alla trapanese with fresh fusilli and Italian salad
Vegetarian, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Super-quick and kid-approved, this pasta dish proves that less is more. Just a few ingredients (like almonds, tomatoes, fresh fusilli, and Parmesan) create rich umami moments.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh fusilli (contains eggs)
- Sunbasket trapanese pesto (tomatoes - almonds - sun-dried tomatoes - Parmesan - garlic - kosher salt)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- Sunbasket Italian vinaigrette base (water - champagne vinegar - honey - Parmesan - parsley - garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories 570, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 390mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 65g (24% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 22g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Separate the fusilli so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking. Add the fusilli and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the fusilli, reserving ¼ cup [½ cup] pasta cooking water.
Return the fusilli to the pot, stir in the trapanese pesto and reserved pasta cooking water, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. While the water is heating and the fusilli is cooking, prepare the basil and salad.
Prep the basil; make the Italian salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
In a large bowl, stir together the Italian vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil. Add the romaine and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fusilli to individual bowls and garnish with the basil and Parmesan. Serve the Italian salad on the side.
- Separate the fusilli.
- Time the fusilli.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Assemble the Italian salad.
- Garnish the fusilli.