Easy pesto alla Trapanese with fusilli and Italian salad
Family-Friendly, Vegetarian, Soy-Free
Super-quick and kid-approved, this pasta dish exemplifies less is more—just a few ingredients (like almonds, tomatoes, fresh fusilli, and Parmesan) will wow your taste buds.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh fusilli
- Sun Basket Trapanese pesto (tomatoes - almonds - sun-dried tomatoes - Parmesan - fresh garlic - kosher salt)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- Sun Basket Italian vinaigrette base (champagne vinegar - honey - Parmesan - fresh parsley - fresh garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
There is more than one kind of Italian pesto. Pesto alla Trapanese hails from Trapani, a coastal port city in Sicily. The story goes that a basil pesto recipe was brought over by ships from Genoa, where local cooks then added two popular regional ingredients, almonds and tomatoes, and pesto alla Trapanese was born.
Calories: 620, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: (honey): 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.