In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Superfast pesto penne with chicken, fennel, and Parmesan
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Watercress and chile flakes make this fresh pasta dish surprisingly peppery—in a good way. You’ll want to make this fast and filling meal again.
In your bag
- 1 organic fennel bulb (about 5 ounces)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 bunch organic watercress
- 7 ounces fresh gluten-free penne
- Sunbasket basil pesto (EVOO - walnuts - fresh basil - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories 740, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 620mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 70g (25% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
Cook the vegetables and chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the vegetables and chicken cook, boil the penne.
Cook the penne; finish the dish
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
To the pan with the vegetables and chicken, add the penne, reserved pasta cooking water, and basil pesto and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pesto is warm and the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the watercress and Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill a pot with water for the penne.
- Time the chicken.
- Time the penne.