In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pesto pizzette with roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the simple yet robust food he savored in Naples, Italy, Test Kitchen Sous Chef Josh Liebeskind turns a simple pizza dinner into a delectable meal.
In your bag
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 4 round whole grain flatbreads
- Sun Basket basil pesto (EVOO - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
If you prefer a crispy crust, you can lightly oil the flatbreads and toast them in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes while you prep the ingredients (Step 1). Then assemble the pizzette as directed. The additional minutes in the oven without the toppings will ensure that extra crack to your crust.
Calories: 710, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 47g (72% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 40mg (13% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 51g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and bake the pizzette
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Cut or tear the mozzarella into 1-inch pieces.
While the flatbreads bake, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
If the pan is dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the asparagus and season the vegetables to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Brush the flatbreads with oil.
- Add the pizzette toppings.
- Snap the ends off the asparagus.