In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pesto pizzette with roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the simple yet robust food he savored in Naples, Italy, Test Kitchen Sous Chef Josh Liebeskind turns a simple pizza dinner into a delectable meal.
In your bag
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 4 round whole grain flatbreads
- Sun Basket basil pesto (EVOO - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
Calories: 710, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 47g (72% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 40mg (13% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 51g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and bake the pizzette
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Cut or tear the mozzarella into 1-inch pieces.
While the flatbreads bake, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
If the pan is dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the asparagus and season the vegetables to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Brush the flatbreads with oil.
- Add the pizzette toppings.
- Snap the ends off the asparagus.