In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Philly cheesesteak skillet with pan-fried potato chips
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
We deconstructed the iconic Philly cheesesteak sandwich, ditched the bread, and piled savory meat, sautéed veggies, and Italian cheese on a bed of crispy homemade potato chips.
In your bag
- 1 organic russet or other white potato
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- Protein options:
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket Italian seasoning blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ¾ cup Italian cheese blend (mozzarella - provolone)
Calories 600, Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 300mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the potato chips
- Scrub or peel the potato; cut the potato crosswise into ⅛-inch-thick slices. Alternatively, thinly slice the potato using a mandoline.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, spread the potato slices in a single layer and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and crisp on both sides, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the potato chips to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. Wipe out the pan. While the potato is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; cut the peppers into ½-inch-wide strips.
- Steak or chicken strips: Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chicken breasts: Pat the meat dry with a paper towel; cut into 1-inch strips. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein and vegetables
In the same pan used for the potato, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the onion and bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender and your protein is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes for steak and 4 to 5 minutes for chicken. Stir in the Italian seasoning blend and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the Italian cheese blend and remove from the heat.
Transfer the potato chips to individual plates. Place your protein and vegetables on top of or alongside the potato chips and serve.
- Scrub the potato.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Time the cooking.