In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Phuket salmon with carrot and cucumber ribbon salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 360 Calories/Serving
This Thai-inspired paleo dish features a ribbon salad mixed with watercress for bright crunch, which pairs perfectly with our tangy lime sauce spooned over warm fish.
In your bag
- 1 organic lime
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic cucumber
- 3 ounces organic rainbow or other carrots
- 1 bunch organic watercress
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Calories 360, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 550mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 14g (5% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the mint-lime sauce
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the salad.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem; thinly slice the jalapeño crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, start preparing the salad.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, start preparing the salad.
Make the carrot and cucumber ribbon salad
- Lay the cucumber flat; using a peeler, shave the cucumber lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
- Juice the lime.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.