In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pineapple BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches with sweet potato fries
Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Craving barbecue? This meaty sandwich will hit the spot. Our healthy spin features pulled chicken tossed with a sweet and tangy pineapple BBQ sauce plus a side of antioxidant-rich sweet potato fries.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 10 ounces)
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket pineapple BBQ blend (pineapple - tomato paste - maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - vegan Worcestershire - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 2 pretzel buns
- Sunbasket lemon aioli (paleo mayo - lemon juice - garlic)
Calories 740, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 86g (31% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 24g (Incl. 15g Added Sugars, 30% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato fries
Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potato with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until the potato is tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the cabbage and chicken.
Make the quick-pickled cabbage
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
In a medium sauce pot, bring the quick-pickle brine and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the cabbage, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the chicken
In another medium sauce pot, add the chicken and enough lightly salted water to cover by 2 inches, making sure the pieces are separated, and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until opaque and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the chicken to a plate to cool, then using a fork, shred the chicken. Wipe out the pot.
Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the pineapple BBQ blend and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium heat until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on individual plates and top each with the BBQ chicken. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled cabbage from the brine and top the chicken with as much cabbage as you like. Close with the bun tops. Serve the sweet potato fries, lemon aioli, and any remaining cabbage on the side.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Drizzle the potato with oil and season.
- Measure the water for the pickled cabbage.
- Time the cooking.
- Help assemble the sandwiches.