In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pineapple fried rice with braised tofu and cashews
Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Fried brown rice, caramelized pineapple, and braised tofu give this nutrient-rich vegetarian dish a delicious twist on a favorite.
In your bag
- ¾ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 6 ounces chopped peeled organic pineapple
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- 2 organic eggs
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or Italian basil
- ¼ cup cashews
Calories: 770, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 175mg (58% DV), Sodium: 960mg (40% DV), Carbohydrates: 89g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Coarsely chop the pineapple.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
Cook the stir-fry
Transfer the vegetable mixture to a medium bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Do not clean the pan.
While the stir-fry cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the fried rice
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- Set aside half the stir-fry blend for serving.
- Strip the Thai basil leaves from the stems.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Crush the cashews.
- Garnish the fried rice.