In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pineapple fried rice with braised tofu, water chestnuts, and togarashi
Family-Friendly, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Skip Chinese takeout for this light and aromatic fried rice, made with quick-cooking brown rice, stir-fried vegetables, and your choice of protein. Caramelized pineapple and water chestnuts add complex flavor.
In your bag
- ¾ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- ¼ pound organic chopped pineapple
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- ½ cup water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons cashews
- ½ cup organic peas
Calories: 650, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 89g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Prep the pineapple and vegetables
- Transfer the pineapple to a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Chop any large pineapple chunks into ½-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, toss the pineapple with half the shichimi togarashi; set aside the remaining togarashi for finishing the dish.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Prep and start cooking your protein
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the pineapple and vegetables
- Set aside half the stir-fry blend for finishing the dish.
- Cut the water chestnuts into matchsticks.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
Finish the fried rice
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Pat the pineapple dry.
- Divide the stir-fry blend in half.
- Crush the cashews.
- Garnish with the cashews and scallions.