In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pineapple fried rice with braised tofu, water chestnuts, and togarashi
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Skip Chinese takeout for this light and aromatic fried rice, made with quick-cooking brown rice, stir-fried vegetables, and your choice of protein. Caramelized pineapple and water chestnuts add complex flavor.
In your bag
- 8 ounces Hodo organic braised tofu
- ¾ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- ¼ pound organic chopped pineapple
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- ½ cup water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons cashews
- ½ cup organic peas
Calories 650, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 550mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 89g (32% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Prep the pineapple and vegetables
- Transfer the pineapple to a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Chop any large pineapple chunks into ½-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, toss the pineapple with half the shichimi togarashi; set aside the remaining togarashi for finishing the dish.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Prep and start cooking your protein
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the pineapple and vegetables
- Set aside half the stir-fry blend for finishing the dish.
- Cut the water chestnuts into matchsticks.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
Finish the fried rice
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Pat the pineapple dry.
- Divide the stir-fry blend in half.
- Crush the cashews.
- Garnish with the cashews and scallions.