In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pineapple-miso glazed pollock with chilled sesame soba noodles
Dairy-Free, Pescatarian, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Pineapple and miso? Totally a thing. Blended with orange juice, honey, and red chile flakes, this power couple transforms your everyday fish into a fish you’d want to eat every day.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- 5 ounces dried soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Sunbasket pineapple-miso glaze (pineapple - miso - orange juice - honey - extra virgin olive oil - kosher salt - red chile flakes)
- Fish options:
- 10 ounces wild pollock pieces
- 2 wild skinless yellowfin tuna steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets - center-cut (about 5 ounces each)
Calories 510, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 1290mg (56% DV), Total Carb. 64g (23% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients for the soba noodles
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil for the soba noodles.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Set aside half the stir-fry blend for tossing with the soba noodles.
In a large bowl, stir together the carrots, white parts of the scallions, and half the stir-fry blend. Refrigerate while you cook the soba noodles.
Cook the soba noodles
To the pot of boiling water, add the soba noodles and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add to the bowl with the carrots and scallions and toss to coat. Gently stir in the sesame seeds and as much of the remaining stir-fry blend as you like. Refrigerate while you prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- In a small bowl, stir together the pineapple-miso glaze and 1 to 2 teaspoons water.
- Pat the fish dry on a paper-towel-lined plate; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
Arrange the pollock pieces in an even layer and cook, undisturbed, until very lightly browned on one side, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the fish, brush with the glaze, and cook until the fish is opaque and flaky and the glaze has thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season lightly with salt and pepper
Add the tuna, brush with half the glaze, and cook, turning once and brushing with the remaining glaze, until lightly browned and the glaze has thickened slightly, about 30 seconds per side for rare or about 1 minute per side for medium. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes; season lightly with salt and pepper. Cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
For halibut and salmon:
Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then brush with the glaze and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky and the glaze has thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes; season lightly with salt and pepper. Cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
Transfer the soba noodles to individual bowls and top with the fish and any remaining glaze from the pan. Garnish with the green parts of the scallions and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the soba noodles.
- Stir the soba noodles with the other ingredients.
- Stir the pineapple-miso glaze and water.
- Time the fish.
- Garnish with the scallions.