Pinto bean and cauliflower taquitos with radish salad and guacamole
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Put a twist on Taco Tuesday with these adobo-spiced, vegan, gluten-free taquitos, rolled with pinto beans and cauliflower and served with from-scratch guacamole.
- 1 red onion
- 1½ cups cooked pinto beans
- 2 limes
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- Sun Basket adobo spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - ground cumin - sweet paprika - chili powder - dried oregano)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
For crispier taquitos, in Step 3, you can brush the tops of the rolled tortillas with 1 or 2 tablespoons oil before baking (just keep in mind this will add 60 to 120 calories and 7 to 14 grams of fat per serving.
Make It Leaner
Stretch this meal into 3 servings and enjoy leftovers the next day; each serving will clock in at 370 calories and 10 grams of fat.
Make the taquito filling
- Peel and finely chop enough red onion to measure 1 cup; set aside ¼ cup chopped onion for the guacamole.
- Rinse the pinto beans.
- Juice the limes (the juice will be divided among the taquito filling, guacamole, and radish salad).
Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice. Using a masher or the back of a spoon, coarsely mash the beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the taquito filling cooks, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
Assemble and bake the taquitos
While the taquitos bake, prepare the guacamole and the radish salad.
Make the guacamole
- Cut the avocado in half; remove the pit and scoop out the flesh.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; finely chop the pepper.
Make the radish salad
- Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes.
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems.
Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 25g (100% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 350mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 95g (32% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).