In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Piri-piri shrimp with curried sweet potato–coconut mash
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
In our paleo spin on a Portuguese classic, the shrimp is first “cooked” in a lime-based marinade, so it pan-cooks quickly and comes together in a snap alongside savory sweet potato mash.
In your bag
- 2 purple sweet potatoes (about 1¼ pounds total; see Market Watch note)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 lime
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as parsley
- 1 green or red fresh chile such as jalapeño or serrano (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Calories: 540, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 11g (17% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 71g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the sweet potato mash
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the potatoes cook, prepare the shrimp.
Prep the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- If desired, strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Zest and juice the lime.
- If using the fresh chile, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep the bell pepper; cook the shrimp
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lime.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.